The Trent Hills Public Library is thrilled to announce the latest addition to our online resources! PressReader delivers over 7,000 magazines and newspapers in an accessible, easy-to-use format, allowing you to view content from 120 different countries in more than 60 languages.
Members of the Trent Hills Library now have access to the latest local, national, and international news (e.g. Toronto Star, The Globe & Mail, Washington Post) as well as leisure and lifestyle publications (Vogue, Rolling Stone, Clean Eating, Men’s/Women’s Health, Elle) Plus: many publications for kids! If you were to subscribe on your own, this would cost nearly $40.00 per month, but with your library membership, your access is completely FREE!
Read instantly or download for later! There are no waiting periods, and your downloads never expire. Read your favorite newspapers exactly as they appear in print, or switch to the screen-friendly text view. To access this amazing resource:
Username: trenthills Password: Library (case sensitive)
New Database System
We are now up and running with the new database system! As you may have noticed our website has a few changes.
To login to your library account follow these steps:
- Go to our website www.trenthillslibrary.ca
- Choose the heading “Library Services”
- Select “Check my Account”
- This will automatically scroll to the link you need, click on the magnifying glass with the +
- Click “Log in” located at the top of the right hand side
- This will prompt you to enter your Library Card # (located on the back of your membership card), as well as your PIN#
- *Please note, if this is the first time you are logging in since our new database, you will need to update your PIN. You can do so by clicking “Forgot my PIN” – this will prompt you to enter your library card #, which will email you a link to reset your PIN, if your email address is listed on your library account. You can then reset your PIN using the link. OR, you can call any of the three branches and a staff member can reset it for you over the phone.
We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your patience through this process! Please feel free to contact any of the branches for assistance, we are always happy to help!
CENTRE FOR EQUITABLE LIBRARY ACCESS COLLECTION
Trent Hills Public Library offers a collection of over 230,000 books, magazines, newspapers and described videos in a choice of formats for people with a print disability.
- Lots of choice including current bestsellers, award-winners and classics
- Fiction, non-fiction, self-help, business and more
- Books for kids, teens and adults
- Books in audio, braille or accessible e-book formats
- Download books or receive home delivery by mail
Access to the CELA collection is available to people who are unable to read conventional print due to a disability, which includes:
- Learning disability: an impairment relating to comprehension
- Physical disability: the inability to hold or manipulate a book
- Visual disability: severe or total impairment of sight or the inability to focus or move one’s eyes.
Access to the collection is offered in a number of ways:
- Download books to your computer or mobile device, such as an iPhone
- Download books to a DAISY player over a wireless connection without using a computer
- Receive audio CDs, Braille or described movies through your local branch or by mail directly to your home.
Contact the Campbellford Branch Library for more information or visit the CELA website at www.celalibrary.ca.
Looking for some reading to keep everyone busy during our closure?
Tumblebooks has generously given free access to libraries during this time to their online books! There are no usernames or passwords, no downloads, no software, wait lists and no checkouts! Read as much as you want, when you want! Happy Reading! The following are the direct links you’ll need to access them:
#1 Audio Book Cloud: an online audio book collection. Unlimited streaming access to the entire collection, just click and listen!
#2 Romance Book Cloud: Unlimited access to a huge collection of romance novels for the older crowd!
#3- Children’s animated talking picture books, which teach kids the joy of reading in a format they’ll love!
#4 – Math Tumble Books: collection of math picture books complete with narration and animation, as well as supplementary quizzes and lesson plans!
#5 – Teen Book Cloud: an online collection of enhanced novels, ebooks, graphic novels, videos and audiobooks, which offers teens and adults of all reading levels access to an amazing range of content!
Audio and E-books to go. Now with your library card and an Internet connection you
can download audio and e-books to your computer with a few clicks of a mouse.
Read and listen to new and classic children’s fiction,
horror, thrillers, romance, mysteries, literature and drama.
Visit: Ontario Library Service Download Centre
Ancestry.com is a genealogy research tool with data from census, military records, court, land, probate, vital and church records, passenger lists, etc. It covers Canada, the US, UK, and some European countries.
Note: Access to the library edition of Ancestry.com is only available from inside the library either via one of our public computers or your own laptop using our Internet connection. Click Here for our contact information.Note: For a limited time Ancestry has given our library members access to their services. In order to access this service a password provided by the Library will be required. Please contact the Library below to receive your access password. Once you have received a password from the Library please visit this link to submit your password to gain access:
Early World of Learning
Visit: World Book